Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Required Reading

This book is an absolute must-read for any knitter who wants to expand beyond garter stitch scarves. I have been knitting off and on for over 40 years and I learned so much. For the first time I understand how to find the spaces along the edge when seaming with a mattress stitch. I learned an amazing way to keep up with increases and decreases without having to jot it down on a piece of paper or keep two row counters going (one for the row I am on, the other for the number of increases or decreases I have done). I checked this book out from my public library, but I need to buy a copy that I can cover with highlighter and bookmarks! Get a copy of this, read it cover to cover, and you will be so glad you did.

The image was copied from Amazon.com.

No comments: