Thursday, September 07, 2006

Yarn Sale

A LYS is liquidating their stock and going to internet only. I have been waiting for the magic 50% off mark, and it hit today. And some was even 55%. I picked up 9 skeins of a cotton/silk blend in a dark fuschia to make a short sleeved top in a Rich Fronds pattern from Creative Knitting May 2005 (always save the knitting mags!). I picked up some black cotton/linen/viscose blend to knit a black and white ballband button top towel for a gift for my SIL's new kitchen. I don't want the black to fade, so went with the good stuff.

I was very overwhelmed with choices and could not think of what I wanted to knit! I had decided earlier to make small drawstring bags out of ribbon yarns for little gifts, so picked up 6 balls of nice yarn. Bought a skein of pale pink King Tut cotton for washcloths, also some pale blue cotton/acrylic for cloths. I like the idea of having some cloths that don't fade. Of course all this yarn may end up being something else.

I love yarn sales!

No comments: