Saturday, December 02, 2006

A Sparkly Ending


This scarf is knitted with a chenille yarn wound with a variageted yarn. To keep the edges smooth, always slip the first stitch. I forgot here and there and you can see where I did!



I am not too fond of fringe on the end of a scarf, except in the case of the automatic fringe on the vertical scarf, but I find that people really respond to something fun on the ends of an otherwise plain scarf. I know this yarn is colorful, but it IS repetitious.

So I found some glitzy furry yarn that looked good with the scarf color and crocheted about four rows on the end.

Yes, I know these ends could be knitted, but I tried that and the gauge was odd on the fancy yarn and it distorted the rest of the scarf.....I just used a largish crochet hook and made my stitches loose and got a nice effect, I thought.

No comments: