Friday, February 22, 2008

Bernat Cotton Tots

If anybody is reading this and has any opinion, please post a comment....what did Bernat DO to Cotton Tots???? I knitted a blanket three years ago in the blue and loved knitting it and it is my second grandson's "blankie". So the third one is on the way and Mommie wanted the same yarn but a different color, so she chose the mint green. Ick and ick and ick. It is rougher and seems heavier, but it SHEDS. To the point that I had to stop knitting in the car on a trip, the fibers were about to choke us and were covering the dashboard. I am determined to finish the thing (baby due soon) and I have to lint-roll myself after a session. I guess they changed manufacturers? Anyway, a warning to all of you who used to like Cotton Tots....you might not like it so much now. I am going to have to do a lot of prewashing and drying on this one.

I actually just ordered some yarn to knit another blanket. It is from DiscontinuedBrandNameYarn and is pictured here. It is a closeout, so grab it while you can! Am going to do this blanket in rows of stockinette alternating with garter. The corner to corner dishrag pattern is starting to bore me, even though it IS easy.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Oh my gosh, I have the same problem. I am also lint rolling myself after I knit for a while. I can't understand it, 6 months ago I knitted with the yarn and it wasn't as linty. I really like the yarn, being that it is relatively cheap for a 100% cotton yarn. I too am making a baby blanket, I'd hate to have my baby breathing in all the lint though. I hope I don't ruin it by washing it. How did you wash the blanket you made? Did you just throw it in the washer and dryer?