Saturday, February 16, 2008

Catching Up

Yes, I have been knitting. No, I have not been blogging. I have finished the feather and fan shawl done in the Cherry Tree Hill laceweight. I have not blocked it, but am wearing it anyway. I used small enough needles that this works. I bought a lovely silver heart shaped shawl pin on Etsy and wore it and the shawl on Valentine's Day. I will get a picture posted as soon as I take one!

I think I have finally found the pattern/needle size for the spring scarf I want to knit from an Elizabeth Lavold silk/wool yarn I bought about two years ago. It is "my" green and is a nice feel for spring. I wear scarves all the time, even inside; I have a very sensitive neck to drafts, evidently. I finally decided on a size 5 needle (I knit VERY loose) and am doing another feather and fan. This pattern is completely mindless for me and I am discovering I just despise trying to read charts. I knit watching tv or listening to podcasts or recorded books and you simply cannot count stitches when doing that!

No comments: