Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Photos


Finally got around to taking some photos and uploading them. Also, I finished the purple shawl except for weaving in all the ends. The shawl is lovely, fairly heavy, too, as it is mostly cotton and just about worsted weight. It will be nice for fall.

This is half of the pair of socks I am knitting for my son. Using Knitpicks sock yarn. Did not think he was ready for self-striping or self-patterned yarn! I like to knit socks toe-up using the mitered toe and heel. I tried grafting toes and that was not in my skill set; I also disliked the heel gusset or whatever. When I finally learned how to do the mitered method, I fell in love with sock knitting.




Here is another pair of socks I knitted for myself out of Tofutsie yarn. I did a "fake cable" pattern that is very easy and very effective that I got out of my stitch dictionary.


And, finally, the beginning of another purple shawl. This one is wool (remember the free yarn?) and am adding beads to the edge..it will be triangular. I'm not sure about liking a triangular shawl, since I am 5' tall, but am getting bored with rectangulars, and the pattern included in the yarn package was triangular.

No comments: