Saturday, August 09, 2008

On the Needles

First, thanks to everybody who checks my blog frequently. And apologies that I am one of those bloggers who rarely updates. Whenever I get the Sitemeter report I am surprised that so many of you continue to check on me.

The purple shawl is coming along. It is knitted from purple Callista from Elann.com and I love the way it feels in my hands. It knits up a bit heavy, as compared to my "famous" pink shawl, but that means it will be nice in the Fall. I think it is going to come out in a slight curve, which is nice. As I said in the previous post, a month ago, I started with three stitches and increased every row until it was the width I wanted, then just knit back and forth in the pattern I chose. I was supposed to decrease and one end and increase at the other every other row to make it straight: Slant Shawl Pattern.. Since I had a pattern stitch I liked and was not sure how to keep adjusting it for the increase/decrease, I chose to just knit back and forth and have been surprised at the shaping; perhaps when it is done and blocked it will be straight. Stay tuned.

No comments: