Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sewing, Too

I realize I have not blogged much in September; but I have been busy. I have been knitting, of course, and also SEWING. I learned to sew about the time I learned to knit, back when I was about 12 years old. I don't exactly enjoy sewing, but when I want a specific garment and can't find one that fits, I do go online to Fabric.com and buy some fabric and get busy sewing. This time it is skirts. I prefer the A-line silhouette to the gored styles that are in the stores, plus my waist to hips ratio are way out of sync with ready-to-wear! I made a khaki twill skirt and still have a stone colored one to make, as well as a black double knit. I have skirts in my closet I like that I copy the measurements onto a purchased pattern. I put a zipper in the back and use elastic as interfacing in the waistband.

No comments: