Monday, September 03, 2007

Simpler Lace

I admit (temporary) defeat. The MS3 Shawl is going into a drawer for awhile. In any case it would not be wearable before cold weather and it is a very stressful knit since I have to mark and read each row carefully as I knit it . I have (finally) figured out to knit each row based on the row before and am pleased with my skills. But.....



I bought this yarn at Stitches Midwest and the color is a real siren song for me. It is a very soft, unmercerized cotton that I bought at the WEBS booth. It is available online at yarn.com . I was trolling through my favorite yarn website, elann.com and found this half circle lace shawl pattern. It is exceedingly simple lace and I started knitting it with the periwinkle blue yarn and am very happy with the "feel" of the yarn fabric I am creating. It also moves along fast. Admittedly I had about 14 straight hours of knitting in the car this weekend, so it should have moved along fast.

This pattern is very simple lace and is pretty mindless to knit. Not a lot of "holes" in it, so it will be cozy this winter. I am interested to see if I like the half circle shape; triangular shaped shawls are not good for short people...if you have enough shawl to keep your arms warm, the point has to be pretty much at your knees!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What a beautiful shawl. And the cotton is so pretty. I love that color.

I never thought about triangular shawls not working on short people. Being short I guess I just thought it was me and not the bad combination.

Thanks.