Saturday, May 24, 2008

Summer Sewing

As usual in the spring, my attention turns to sewing clothing. In this case, pants. Summer weight fabrics are easy to find, work with, and wear. The colors are fun. I have difficulty finding pants since I like pull-on styles that come to my waist. I am a combination of sizes.

Earlier this spring, I took apart my favorite, worn-out pants and made a pattern. I can whip up a pair now in about two hours. Have ordered quite a bit of fabric at www.fabric.com and for the first time in years actually have a choice of pants in my closet to wear. Linen, cotton, silk noile, microfiber.......

My interest in knitting has waned as my interest in sewing has grown. I tend to have a one track mind and concentrate on one thing at a time. My knitting mood right now is to knit mindless things; no lace!!!

I do still love knitting socks and have a pair on the needles; great for knitting in the car! My daughter-in-law told me to knit my son a pair of socks, so will do that when I spend a week with them at the beach this summer. I need the foot with me when I knit socks, since I knit from the toe up and do a mitered heel, if the foot part is too long, it is too long. My daughter's second pair of socks is too long. Sigh.

2 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Yeah, I have that problem when I knit for my sisters or mother. That's why I had my dad create the sock blockers to fit their actual feet and not just for blocking socks. I make the socks to fit the blocker since I don't have the foot on hand. Works like a charm!

Angie said...

I have been sewing too. Nothing to wear. BTW, you have been tagged. Details on my blog.