Thursday, April 26, 2007

One Tough Yarn



This is the first sweater I have knitted in years. It has a story. .

At my knitting group meeting, one of the members was giving away a bag of lovely yarn he had knitted and then frogged and rewound into several balls. He tossed the bag onto the table and everybody paused and I shrugged and grabbed it! My favorite word is FREE. It was variegated cotton blend, very nice yarn and enough for a cardigan for me.

I began to knit a pattern in a magazine and for some reason that I don't remember, thought it was hideous and took it apart. So now the yarn had been knit into a second project and frogged.

Then I found a pattern for a cropped cardigan that I adored. I started knitting it, did one front, held it up to myself and knew that I would NEVER wear it. So another frogging. I still loved the sweater pattern, however, and had an AHA moment just before I reached the lovely bottom band: just make the thing longer. So I started again. It turned out very pretty. It is one tough yarn, that is for sure!!!

No comments: