Tuesday, May 01, 2007

A New Friend

This past weekend I was in Greensboro, NC for my brother-in-law's birthday party. The host and hostess, Brooks and Elizabeth, graciously invited us to spend the night so we would not have to make the two hour drive home that night. It was a lovely party with delicious food. After the other guests left, I mentioned knitting to her. And she is a KNITTER. Not only that, she is a British knitter! We had such fun.

She loves to knit baby sweaters and showed me a completed one and one in progress. They are gorgeous. She uses Sirdar patterns. These are British and are adorable. We discussed that it was a shame that most American new moms prefer Baby Gap to handknit sweaters. Or maybe it is just that most new moms aren't lucky enough to have a grandmother like Elizabeth to knit these lovely confections for the babies?

She also assured me that knitting socks was easy. She has been knitting socks since she was a child.

Her next project is to knit heirloom dolls. The pattern was sent to her from England and is very hard to find. I hope when she completes it she will share a photo with me for my blog!

No comments: