Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Life Lines

Well, I finally realized that I was going to contiue to make mistakes on my pink cotton lace shawl; if nothing else, I drop those yarnovers when I do my pearl row. My knitting friend Sandra told me about using dental floss for the life lines. She also told me that my Denise Needles had a nice hole that I could thread the floss through, snap on the cable and knit the row, dragging the floss along for the ride and voila(!) an instant lifeline. I have a Knitpicks needle on order and that has a hole, too, I think. I need a metal needle for this cotton thread!

I also listened to a podcast that recommended inserting a lifeline for every repeat. So I am doing that, too. Hopefully my mistakes will decrease; at least I will be willing to frog back, now!

No comments: