Saturday, May 12, 2007

NanKnits Cooks, Too

I also like to cook. I have a blog called NanCooks but lost my password for now so will occasionally talk about food here instead. When I cook something especially good and easy will tell you about it. Will also give out some tips. I've started listening to some food podcasts and am learning interesting things.

Last night I cooked ground turkey breast (with only .5 grams of fat per serving, I am trying to learn to like this stuff) with a chopped onion and a handful of shredded carrots (I buy the stuff in the bag in the refrigerated case at the store). Added a jar of Ragu Organic Spaghetti Sauce, Traditional Flavor. This is the best flavor of any sauce in a jar that I have tried. Not too tart, not too sweet, an organic as a bonus.

I served this sauce over gemelli. It is a very nice pasta that holds some sauce and is easy to eat with a fork. I don't like rotini, spaghetti and fettucini is hard to eat, bow ties say 'pasta salad' to me, so I started looking for other shapes. Radiatori is also very good. This pasta web site shows you all the shapes. Finding them in the grocery store is another matter.

I also take sliced gourmet style bread and toast it, then drizzle with olive oil to serve. My store carries LaBrea Bread

You watermelon lovers out there: cube it and put it in your green salad with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Yum.

No comments: