Thursday, May 10, 2007

Purse Knit-A-Long Introduction

I want to design a new summer purse. I have a Stitch Dictionary. I have some partial balls of Sugar 'n Cream leftover from washcloths. Put these all together and I came up with an idea for the purse. Other knitters always ask me how I make my knitted purses, so I thought I would share the creation of this purse with as many knitters as possible via my Blog. So here is a knit-a-long. You can watch the purse emerge and make one later, or you can knit one along with me.

This is a chance for you to design your own purse. Although I will be telling you the colors and the stitch patterns I choose, you will be choosing your own colors and stitch patterns. I am simply giving you a blueprint or technique for making a purse.

And for those of you who crochet, you can make this purse, too. Just use your crochet stitch dictionary.

No comments: