Monday, November 12, 2007

Final Finish


On the way to doing other things. I had a list of stuff to do today and nothing appealed to me. I started cleaning off a shelf, hoping if my craft room was cleared a bit inspiration might strike. Lo and behold, a purse I never bothered to line was in the pile!

This purse was originally supposed to have a zipper closure. However, the top was so big around that I knew a zipper would not work. And it was almost spring 2007 and I knew I would not carry the purse anytime soon. So.......

Today, November 2007, I am ready for this purse. I still did not want to put a zipper into the top. I happened to have some black twisted cording that was long enough for a single drawstring. The purse did not have a yarnover row for a drawstring. No matter, I just shoved the cord in and out of the top at arbitrary distances around the purse.

I tied the drawstring together in a square knot but needed some pizzaz. Found some black wooden beads, unraveled the cord into the three parts and, using a dental flosser thing, pulled the cord through the beads. Voila!



I tried to talk myself out of a lining, but knew it needed one. A simple rectangle with "dog ears" and a little running stitch at the top.


A simple purse with smashing yarn effect!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

How clever! Purses are my downfall because I hate finishing them but you've given me some ideas.

Thanks.