Sunday, January 07, 2007

Difficult Pattern

I fell in love with the Brea bag in the Berocco free patterns; an elaborate cable design. I made the one side of this bag very successfully when I was sick with vertigo. It is beautiful. Last night I sat down, very healthy mind you, and absolutely cannot duplicate the first row of the pattern. It is full of weird repeats. I guess when I was sick I was able to focus better to take my mind off how bad I felt. Plus, I was watching a movie while trying to do the pattern this time, and I came out with extra stitches at the end of row 2, THREE times. Maybe it is my mood....but I've decided that the purse is probably too small, plus am using an inexpensive acrylic from my stash that is not touch-friendly! I won't throw away my one piece...maybe the muse will strike again!

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh the Brea bag is gorgeous! I totally understand about being able to tackle the more difficult stuff when sick though. I was the same way when in college. I'd get test anxiety really bad but whenever I was sick and went into a test I just didn't care. That's when I got the best scores. Strange.