Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Recycling Yarn

I visited Goodwill today and everybody is donating sweaters! I picked up a wool/angora/nylon turtleneck in pale aqua to 'unknit' and turn into a shawl. Maybe. I also picked up three other cotton and cotton blend sweaters that I loved the colors. I want to try to unravel these and knit something else. I keep reading about doing this online and I always am ready to try a new skill, especially when it is CHEAP. I also found a cardigan in a celery green linen that matches my kitchen and I can see it as a towel...unless I decide to keep the sweater. In December I visited the same Goodwill Store and bought several sweaters to take apart and instead am wearing them. The one that I was willing to pull apart, my daughter claimed!

I also picked up three purses that had handles suitable for knitting projects. We'll see if they ever attach themselves to a knitted purse!

No comments: