Thursday, January 04, 2007

Knotty Problems

I started unravelling the angora/wool sweater from Goodwill and it seems that the seamline has felted a bit and so ended up with a good many short lengths that I tied together with square knots. I really like the feel of the yarn;wool has always made me itch and I am reluctant to spend good money on nice wool just to give it away, but I WANT a soft wool lacy shaw and plan to knit the shawl in Complete Knitting by Creative Homeowner Home Arts that my daughter gave me for Christmas...it is knit in squares and sewn together on the diagonal....I figure that little squiggles of yarn (knots) hanging off from the shawl can be a design feature. Hey, those purses knitted of knotted fabric lengths are popular, right? And you leave all those ends hanging.

You will notice a lack of photos in the new year. You will also notice a lack of entries in the old year. Taking photos, downloading and uploading is a pain and I figure I might actually keep this knitting diary everyday if I skip the photos. Up to now I waited until I felt like doing a photo upload to write an entry. I know it is more boring.........

No comments: