Sunday, January 07, 2007

Felted Booties

I attempted a pair of felted booties in bright fuscia for my daughter for Christmas. I made some mistakes in the pattern with the first shoe, doing stockinette rather than garter; the second bootie I followed the pattern exactly. I felted them in my fancy washing machine that does not felt well...no central post agitator, very low water levels, and a refusal to believe I mean HOT water when I punch the HOT button. One is significantly bigger than the other (the one that I followed the pattern exactly is the biggie). My daughter politely declined the booties. Yes, they do look funny. I was going to toss them when I decided to try them on. These things keep the feet and ankles so toasty. And my feet don't itch when wearing them. Evidently it is just scarves and sweaters that can't be wool for me. Anyway, I highly recommend these for cold winter floors! Maybe next winter I will try again and make some that don't fit me like clown boots.

1 comment:

Sandra D. said...

I'm glad they're comfy for you. I don't think I could deal with the ankles, but I LOVE my felted clogs from the Fiber Trends pattern. I'll probably wear them out and make more for myself. You know, I want one of those fancy machines, and I don't felt much, but I keep telling myself "they don't AGITATE".