Saturday, January 13, 2007

Wooly Mitts

Encouraged by being able to wear the felted booties, I went to one of the LYS here in Charlotte and got some fuschia (see a trend in my color choices?) wool (the Berocco alpaca/wool blend) and am knitting a pair of fingerless gloves. I have teeny hands, so only cast on 28 stitches. I did the first 1" in k1p1 ribbing, did the main part of the mitt in stockinette, and ended with 1" of ribbing. I also knitted the mitt in the round, using two circulars. So I really did not follow the pattern; it was just a 'guide'.

Anyway, I finished one and wore it the cold day we had this past week and THEY DID NOT ITCH! And so warm. So I am knitting the second one now. Might even knit my daughter a pair if she whines a little!

1 comment:

Sandra D. said...

I need some of those! My hands get cold when I'm at the computer. Hmmm, next on my "to knit" list?