Saturday, August 19, 2006

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button?


I do. Lots of buttons. I inherited a gallon mason jar filled with my grandmother's buttons. Then I inherited boxes of my mother's buttons, many still on the card. And I accumulated buttons during the years that I made clothing. A couple of years ago I bought some grab bags of buttons on the internet.

All these buttons have always stared very accusingly at me, saying, "create something with me". Today I was straightening my craft closet and putting things on the SHELVES I now have in there, and decided to Google 'crafting with buttons'....anything to get out of cleaning and organizing, you know.

Well, I found this inspiring site and started trying to duplicate the necklace with a bag of wooden buttons. Could not manage her directions, but came up with something I could do. This is crochet, using a very tiny crochet hook, inherited from my mother. I am very pleased with the outcome.

1 comment:

Janey said...

I like your necklace better than hers.
The one Katherine is wearing would only look OK (like it does in the picture) as long as she doesn't move - and swing the buttons in all different directions.
Her blue necklace (the picture on the left) has too many buttons on it. It's too "busy".

Yours is a "cleaner" design.

Well done,
Janey, from KAL