Monday, August 07, 2006

Listening to Books

I love reading and knitting and the two are not mutually exclusive. Recorded books give you the best of both worlds. My library has hundreds of them available and I am also a member of Booksfree.com, which provides me with books the library does not have. Some of you other knitters might be listening to your books, too, so whenever I listen to a really good one, I will tell you about it.

Right now I am listening to The Hot Flash Club Strikes Again. It is a sequel to The Hot Flash Club. Written by Nancy Thayer and read by Carrington MacDuffie. The reader does the various "voices" very well. Each chapter follows a particular character's plotline and occasionally a chapter brings all the characters together for a chat. A little mystery is sprinkled in. The reader gets very drawn into the lives of the women. The four women of the first book are also very much in evidence in this sequel. You do have to concentrate at the beginning of each chapter to note which character is talking. A very cozy listen for you knitters. This book is on 8 cassette tapes and I checked it out of my library.

No comments: