Saturday, August 19, 2006

Cardigan Front

I started the cardigan fronts. And I started the cardigan left front, and I started the cardigan left front, and I started...............

Get the idea? First off I wanted to knit both fronts at the same time, but there is a small item in the pattern that threw me off and by the fourth row I was in trouble. So I tried again, but this time decided that if the counting was that much trouble, I had better stick to one side, since it was easier to frog it. Well, I tried again, and again, and again. The item that was so difficult for me is that, along the front edge, there is an extra stitch done in stockinette for a selvage edge to later pick up and knit the front band to. Sounds simple, right? Wrong! I have to remember not to count that stitch as part of the pattern. And I have to remember to keep it stockinette and not garter. I finally hit on the trick to put a little safety pin on the front edge, so at least I would know where this extra stitch was. This is just for the fancy border, and I only have about three rows left, then I am home free on stockinette. But that extra stitch just got me, especially since I was watching tv and tended to just start knitting a row without considering that extra stitch!

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

Oh and I thought you were going to say you made 2 left fronts!