Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Kitchen Towel


This is something I am really enjoying. It is knit from a cone of Peaches and Cream and is one of those towels you can button onto a drawer pull in your kitchen. The pattern is Reverse Diamond Towel. In my case my drawer pulls are all knobs, so I used to hang my towels on the oven handle, across the kitchen from my sink. Drip, drip, drip...........

After I made this towel, I had the inspiration to hang the loop over the knob on the upper cabinet beside my sink. Of course it is not a perfect idea, the buttonhole was too small for my knob and the looped part of the towel is really too wide, but it works good enough. I just button the towel and hang it on the cabinet knob with the button facing to the side. Can't see the pretty button, though. (This one is vintage).

Next time I will only make the tab part about half as long and will make a bigger buttonhole so it will button onto the knob and hang properly to show off all it's knitterly glory!

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

My mom used to have some like that, but made with a regular towel, and then the hangy-bit was crocheted on. They were quite useful. Now that you mention it, I could really use one of those in my kitchen. Hmm...better download the pattern. Thanks for the idea!