Tuesday, August 08, 2006

New Beginnings


Building on the success of the first sweater I have knitted in about 16 years, I decided to try again. Fell in love with the Garter Ridge Cardi in Creative Knitting Mag, May 2006, designed by Scarlet Taylor for Coats & Clark. Even liked the color on the model. So I ordered Kiwi TLC Cotton Plus online. It arrived yesterday and the back border is done. I never liked the sweaters I used to knit and vowed I would never knit another one, then was gifted a bag of beautiful blue yarn earlier this year that wanted to become a short sleeved cardigan. It did. Now I am going to try another one, long sleeved this time, with buttons........

2 comments:

Allison said...

That looks really pretty. I've never knit a sweater before but may just have to try one after seeing that! In the meanwhile I'll be knitting wash rags!

Sandra D. said...

So Nan, did you figure out why you never liked the sweaters you used to knit?