Friday, June 08, 2007

Figure-Eight Fantasy Shawl

I have been eyeing laceweight shawls for some time now. The other day I was reading a LYS newsletter and they are having a knitalong this summer for a shawl knit with Merino Lace from Cherry Tree Hill. I went to the morning session and they had one colorway left that I liked, so I shut my eyes and handed over the credit card for the book. Special Little Knits from Just One Skein, and the hank of yarn.

The KAL meets once a week, Wednesday 10-12 or 6-8. I have cast-on and knitted two or three rows. Yes, I know that is pathetic, but I decided I needed the pink cotton shawl for my Texas trip week after next and so am on a push to finish it.

The store also has a wonderful marketing ploy. Near the end of the 2 hour session, a basket was passed with folded pieces of paper...on each piece was a discount for a skein of specified yarn. Mine was 25% off of Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn, so that pushed me over the edge...have also been eyeing luxury sock yarn. Note that I have not yet knit a sock! (I figure it could always become a shawl on big needles....)

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

You cannot fight the draw of the sock. Especially in Cherry Tree Hill. It's the perfect yarn for the Embossed Leaves socks. The pattern is in the Fall 2006 Interweave Knits or in the book 25 Favorite Socks. Charlotte Yarn has the magazine if you don't have it in your collection.