Monday, June 11, 2007

Vacation Knitting

For the week I am in Texas, I plan to finally commit to the two Louet Sales linen yarn skeins I bought early spring at a store closing sale. I really don't like knitting with that yarn; I have pulled out several "starter" projects. But I have spotted, at two different LYS, the yarn done in a feather and fan shawl. I have two different shades of brown, so I will alternate these colors. I doubt I have enough yardage, but by alternating colors I can buy some more and not fret over dye lots.

I originally bought the yarn to knit kitchen towels, but just can't get excited about that. I want something fairly mindless for the trip. I also figure if I have no other project to entice me, I might actually knit the shawl, or at least get enough done that I won't pull it out in a temper fit.

No comments: