Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'm Back

I'm back from Texas, but seem to have brought a virus with me...sore muscles and headache and lethargy. Guess I'll just be quietly knitting for a few days. I did not take my Fantasy Shawl yarn with me and missed it. I ended up knitting several dishcloths and two hand drying towels. I started a feather and fan shawl with my beige linen and ripped it out over and over; I was reading the pattern wrong and decreasing too many stitches. When I (finally) knitted a swatch, I realized my problem. That is some tough yarn, though. I will have to buy more yarn at some point, but the dye lot should not be much of a problem for this natural color, plus I can blend it in with alternate rows if need be.

I am swatching my yarn for MS3. The first yarn to arrive was a cone of Tencel and it feel wonderfully silky to knit, but would need size 1 or 2 needles or else need to be doubled. The pewter wool/silk Zephyr also arrived and is gorgeous. Will probably do the MS3 in that one, since I already have the cotton one done and the Tencel is similar in the way it knits up. Save that for later.

The pink cotton shawl was wonderful on the trip...great on the plane and also at my son's house. He keeps HIS house at a normal temperature, unlike his Dad who would turn the air completely off if he could get away with it; he hates utility bills!

Will post photos of the linen hand drying towel later.

No comments: