Friday, June 15, 2007

Purse Compliments

I have been very surprised at all the positive comments I have been receiving on my sampler purse. Hopefully lots of you out there have knitted one and are also getting positive comments. People are literally stopping me in stores and touching it!

I confess to being very surprised because I frankly thought it was ugly and way over the top as I was finishing it up. The colors, although all my favorites, were way out of my comfort zone in the way they were put together. I confess to usually knitting either solid color purses or horizontal stripes.


(The other side is lavander and purple.)

Of course it is possibly that I have a leather handle on the purse, or that it is a fashionable shape (12" long and 6" deep and I usually make my purses narrower and deeper. Whatever the reason, these people stopping me to see my purse are generally NOT knitters (although the knitting shops I have been in, people also comment favorably). Maybe it catches people's eye because I have not seen anything remotely like this purse in shops or in "free" purse knitting patterns online. The last person to comment on it said it was very unique.

So all of you KAL members out there, finish your purses and send me a photo! I'll make a Flickr gallery if you do!!!

No comments: