Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Knit Guild Meeting

Tonight was The Charlotte Knitting Guild's monthly meeting and it was fun, as usual, to see what everybody was working on and to talk knitting. The program featured a review of "knitting" fiction and we talked about what books we had read.

Before the meeting starts, we chat and knit. During this time, two or three knitters dashed up to me and grabbed "the purse" and said, "here's the purse in person!!!" Everyone liked it, especially the colors. I was quite surprised and pleased to find that members of the guild were reading my blog. I am a new member and really don't know anyone by name yet. But knitters are never strangers to each other, we have a common language.

For show and tell there were socks, as usual. Also several washrags. One member had finished her gorgeous Clapotis shawl. Another was wearing a Feather and Fan stole with some glitz in it. Cristi, aka Turtlegirl, brought some of the lovely yarn she bought at the Fiber Fair (see her blog for details, link at left), plus the two skeins of yarn that she has spun on her gorgeous spinning wheel. There were also two beautiful capsleeved tops. Cristi wore the red sweater featured on her blog entry, go check it out!

I showed the progress on the pink cotton stole I am making. Also demonstrated the "nubbin" dishcloth and two knitters had me give them a demo at the end of the meeting. One was knitting baby bibs out of cotton and thought that would be a darling edging. Both agreed that washcloths needed to be teeny (4-5") so I felt vindicated! I thought I was the only person who liked little cloths. Plus they knit up quicker!

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

It's always neat to see something in person that you've seen online. Even if the object is in the same city as you!