Friday, June 15, 2007

Going to Texas

I am going to Texas for a week with my grandkids. Two boys, 5 and 2. It will be a busy week! Am taking simple knitting since there will be many distractions and little hands. I plan to knit two dishtowels from the linen yarn I have been messing with. I know I said I was going to knit a shawl with that yarn. However, I have finished a shawl, have one on the needles, and have joined the Mystery Shawl 3 group, so enough already. Also, I only have two skeins of the linen and that is not enough for a shawl. Originally I bought the skeins to make the towels and so now I WILL do that!

My DIL has an interest in knitting. She enjoys the process. Yah! She has knitted three scarves, but living in Texas, she does not need any more of those. She mentioned that she would like to practice some more with me, so am taking some bright red cotton and teach her how to make dishcloths. Her kitchen is red and cream. Should be pretty!

So watch this space. I'll be back.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Hello Nan!

Hope you have a wonderful week and don't forget to spoil those grandkids :-)

Texas, how wonderful, I have visions of tall cowboys in stetsons. Don't tell me if its not like that at all.

Best wishes to you, Jackie x