Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Better

The yarn switch seems to be working. Am still making plenty of errors that require tinking, but I can tink this Tencel yarn. My current problem seems to be in leaving out yo's. This has always been my problem with lace patterns. I have knitted lots of simple items in stockinette or garter and now find I really want a challenge, so have moved into creative stitches and lace stitches for my knitting. It is proving to be a challenge, but at least it is not boring!

I discovered a new trick, for me. Right now I am counting the stitches after each pattern row. Every once in awhile I am short a stitch and it is a yo. I carefully check over the row and where the yo was supposed to be I insert a plastic clip stitch marker. Then when I purl to that spot, I can lift the yarn over the needle for my yarnover.

The mistakes are frustrating, but the joy when I count a row and the stitch count is correct is wonderful. Interestingly enough, the next row is usually off. Overconfidence, I guess. Also, just when I allow myself to think I really "have it right", I make a colossal booboo. Ah well.

1 comment:

Mary Kay said...

I am glad your switch is working. I too have to count at the end of a right side row on MS3. I usually have trouble with the ^ coming off or apart and making me crazy. I hope you are having fun with the challenge. I am.