Wednesday, July 25, 2007

One Sock Finished


Yes, I finished a sock! And it fits! I used 100% cotton called Katia. Bought it awhile back when I first determined that I would eventually knit a sock. I have bought other yarn since, but decided to go ahead and knit this up first. I cannot grasp the concept of grafting. However, somebody in my knit group mentioned that she simply did a two-needle cast-off on her socks so I did that.

The pattern is from Sensational Knitted Socks, four stitch pattern, openwork rib. I knitted on two circulars.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

The thing that helped me with grafting was

Knit off (insert the needle into the front stitch, fwd knitting needle as if to knit and pull the stitch off)
Purl on (insert needle into second stitch (fwd knitting needle)and leave on kn
Purl off (insert needle into first stitch back kn as if to purl and pull stitch off kn)
Knit on (insert needle into second stitch back kn as if to purl, leave on kn)

Repeat, moving back to fwd kn

I do admit that I have to keep reciting Knit on, purl off, knit off, purl on the whole time I'm grafting. LOL