Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm Back

I got back in town last night. Had a wonderful, relaxing vacation. We share a beachfront townhouse with my husband's family. The house is in Panama City, Florida, along the Gulf Coast. We have a deck and screened porch right on the ocean, so I never have to even touch the sand (I am NOT a beach person!). Sun shone everyday and early in the week it was even cooler than normal for July. The men do all the cooking and meal planning, so it was a real vacation. Lots of shrimp, crab, fish and steaks. Yum.

I spent most of the week sitting on the screened porch knitting and listening to recorded books. This is the view.


You can see the porch and deck on this view....we are the end unit. This was built back in the early 1980's. A hurricane cleaned the coast pretty good several years ago, so there are a lot of gorgeous new condos and homes all up and down the coast. A n international airport is slated to be built in the area, so in ten years the area will be unrecognizable. For those of you unfamiliar with the Florida Gulf Coast, about 1/2 hour drive from our place is Seaside, where Jim Carrey's "The Truman Show" was filmed. There are many of those seaside villages being built in the area, one more beautiful than the last.


I did take some breaks from knitting to go for walks and to the movies and I read Short Straw by Stuart Woods one day. I worked about 20 rows or so of the MS3. Some rows were easy, some tough. Now that we are not increasing anymore, I can use markers and count stitches so it is a bit less stressful.

I also finished the second motif on my Fantasy Shawl. One to go. This lace shawl is pretty mindless, since it is not knit from a graph. Lots of straight knitting. So with both stoles on needles, I have a variety.

I also finished knitting all the chair booties. That is the most boring project imaginable, so am glad I finally made myself finish it up.

1 comment:

Mary Kay said...

What a great vacation you must have had. Did the fellas cook good meals? The view is excellent. I wish I could sit on a porch with a view like that and knit while listening to books....lucky girl that you are. You have a great unit, don't you. MS3 looks good too.