Monday, July 23, 2007

Fantasy Shawl


This is one of the center motifs on my Fantasy Shawl, knitted from Cherry Tree Hill merino. This yarn absolutely floats and nary a tingle, so hopefully it will not itch when I wear it. Three of these form the center of the shawl. Two rectangles will be knitted and sewn to these. This is ALMOST mindless knitting; no charts and simple yo's and k2tog's. I thought it was hard until I began MS3.



Speaking of MS3, I am only on Clue 3, but it is progressing. I really, really like the feel of the Tencel yarn I am knitting. Tencel is a cellulose based fiber, making it a natural fiber in my book, anyway. And it was so CHEAP. The whole cone cost about $6. My knitting friends told me I was knitting with thread. Well, yeah. But it is soft, pretty thread!!!

No comments: