Wednesday, July 04, 2007

New "Job" for Zephyr yarn

As I kept battling with the Zephyr yarn in MS3, I also kept looking longingly at the relatively simple horseshoe pattern I had done part of my pink stole with. Now that I am pleased with the look of the tencel (on #3, very airy) for MS3, the Zephyr is going to become a stole knitted in the horseshoe pattern. One of the knitters at Guild (thank you Jane) last night suggested where to put beads on the pattern.

So this winter the Zephyr will go onto the needles as a horseshoe pattern and I think it and myself will be happy. They say yarn "tells" you what it wants to be and I think this yarn has been screaming in my ear for a couple of days.

Also:

There was a nice knitter who emailed me about yarn choices on MS3 and nicely warned me about the wool yarn. She said she had two very incomplete shawls in a drawer because she could not fix errors in the wool laceweight. I so should have listened. So if you are reading this blog (I did not keep the email), sweet knitter, you were so right! Between your voice and the yarn's opinion, I think I will be happy with the yarn switch.

No comments: